.

Monday, January 24, 2011

I Splurged =)

So pretty much I have eaten mostly chicken breast... cucumbers and apples along this journey ~ I'm sorta BORED with it - however this is my own fault since I am such a finicky eater ~ red meat scares me - I mean I LOVE it but... I am afraid of it throwing me off or slowing me down? So this is how I splurged...

I Bought half a pound of Strawberries ;o) it was an extreme treat because this entire time I was refusing to pay 4.99 for some strawberries... but today my friend they had them sliced and washed heads removed for the same price @ HEB- I love you HEB even though you tempted me with all your yummy test drives (samples) it's what my almost 12 year old daughter calls samples.. but good grief that place will fill you up on samples - not me though... not today anyhow.

So where am I at? 21 days in as of today and free of 35 pounds of FAT! thats like 2 weeks worth of meat in my freezer for my family - UGH! So I am aiming for the 43 pound marker and then I need to see what P3 has in store for me as far as food and how much I can have - 8 more pounds ~ ! this morning I weighed in @ 355.8 can you believe 3 weeks ago I was almost 400 lbs, now I am almost half way away :D feels good to be making progress.

Some of you know I have struggled with wants and cravings... but I have resisted and here is an awesome Scripture to keep on my tongue every time I want something I need to say this verse...

Acts 20:24

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.

the theme here is Live your Mission - while my mission is to serve God in my life how ever he wants me to - HE is my inspiration and the one I mutter my weaknesses to when I sit alone in the morning on the end of my bed... He just whispers it's okay, You can do it, I won't let you fall - and I have never in over 20 years ever lost this much weight in one period!!! My mission is to lose this weight to be healthy to praise the Lord along the way!!!

I walked through that grocery store with confidence today, I felt good about myself ~ so so very good, my one and only pair of Jeans that were once skin tight are now baggy and I love it - can't wait till I have to replace them :)

Before I go.. one of the tedious task I dislike is cooking up this little 3 oz piece of chicken every day... HEB sells some precooked Lemon and Herb chicken breast ~ no sugar! Picked those up for days I just dont feel like preparing 2 individual meals


Off to cook dinner for the family :-) Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment