.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

My Taste Buds Are Celebrating!

So today my taste buds were totally celebrating! They were having so much fun we thought we would invite you to come along too - so I am sharing the recipes!!! First off have you ever eaten @ Chipoltes?? It's a tasty Mexican restaurant that I give thumbs up to even while doing the Isagenix program!! You can view some of the restaurant chains ethics HERE - everything is farm fresh including the meat... anywho this is not about Chipolte this is about me delivering some delish foodie recipes that your taste buds will thank you for!



The chicken fajita meat is just grilled chicken breast that was marinated in seasoning and olive oil....
There is also your choice of greens (I used romaine and green leaf)
Cilantro Lime Rice - you can use Basmati or Brown  make the rice afterwards....

Ingredients
  • 2 c. basmati rice
  • 2 ¼ tsp. salt, divided
  • 2 T. finely chopped cilantro
  • 1 lime, juiced
Instructions
  1. In a large pot, bring 8 c. water to a boil. Stir in 2 tsp. salt.
  2. Add rice, stir, and return to a boil. Boil uncovered for 12 minutes.
  3. Using a fine mesh strainer, drain rice and rinse with hot water. Pour into a large bowl.
  4. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Add remaining ¼ tsp. salt or additional salt to taste. Serve hot or at room temperature.


YUM!!!!

Then there is the Peppers and Onions, Good heavens these are delicious I used to LOATHE Veggies... and now I can eat them all day, especially these!!

  • ¼ c. olive oil
  • 2 large green pepper, stemmed, cored, and sliced
  • 2 medium red onions, sliced
  • ½ T. finely chopped fresh oregano or ½ tsp. dried
  • ½ tsp. salt
Instructions
  1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the peppers, onions, oregano, and salt.
  2. Heat until slightly softened but still tender-crisp, about 7 minutes.
  3. Remove from heat and serve.



I mix everything together on my plate and what you get is a fabulous concoction of Flavors and Goodness! If you try this please let me know what you think!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment